THOMAS J. DOWLING, JR., M.D.
Dr. Dowling is the founding partner of Long Island Spine Specialists, P.C. He is a Board Certified Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon with extensive fellowship training in spinal disorders with both orthopaedic and neurosurgical Fellowships.
He is known for his perseverance and commitment to achieve the best possible outcome for his patients by using nonoperative methods or surgical treatment when indicated. Dr. Dowling has served on the Board of Directors of the New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Catholic Health Services of Long Island. He holds appointments in healthcare and community organizations, lectures both nationally and internationally, and has authored numerous articles and book chapters in professional publications.
Dr. Dowling’s compassion for his patients and quality of his care is evident by his receiving Top Doctor Awards for numerous years from Castle Connolly since its inception. His commitment to give “Back” to the community is demonstrated through numerous charitable endeavors.
Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- General Surgery Resident:
North Shore University Hospital
Manhasset, New York
- Orthopaedic Resident:
State University of New York at Stony Brook
Stony Brook, New York
- Neurosurgical Spine Fellow:
North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, New York
- Clinical Spine Fellow:
Toronto General Hospital and Mount Sinai Hospital
Co-Chairman of the Spine Surgery Performance Improvement Committee at St. Francis Hospital, Roslyn, New York
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Suffolk County Medical Society
- American Spinal Injury Association
- New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center, Smithtown, New York
- Huntington Hospital, Huntington, New York
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, West Islip, New York
- North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, New York
- St. Francis Hospital, Roslyn, New York
- Peconic Bay Medical Center, Riverhead, New York