FAGUNA C. PATEL, D.O.
Dr. Patel is a Board Certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. She specializes in innovative, nonoperative spinal intervention procedures, as well as diagnostic and therapeutic joint injections.
Dr. Patel is highly trained in treatment options for back and neck pain due to facet syndrome, sacroiliac joint pain, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, and disc herniation. She is experienced in treating peripheral neuralgias, headaches, myofascial pain, neuropathic pain, and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy).
Dr. Patel performs Electrodiagnostic studies, which are useful in the diagnosis of neuropathy and radiculopathy to further delineate the cause of pain. She utilizes evidence-based medicine while providing compassionate care to meet each of her patient’s individualized goals. She is dedicated to reducing pain and improving function to achieve a better quality of life for each of her patients.
Her commitment to the community is apparent by the numerous free lectures she offers to hospital staff and the public.
University of North Texas Health Science Center
Fort Worth, Texas
- Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation:
NYU Langone Medical Center/Rusk Institute in New York, NY
Internship in Internal Medicine:
Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami, FL
- Interventional Pain Medicine/Pain Management Fellow:
Florida Spine Institute, Clearwater, Florida
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- South Shore Surgery Center, Bayshore, New York
- Peconic Bay Medical Center, Riverhead, New York
- St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center, Smithtown, New York
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, West Islip, New York
- Suffolk Surgery Center, Shirley, New York