CHRISTOPHER FRENDO, D.O.
Dr. Frendo is a Board Certified Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon with comprehensive Fellowship training in Spine. He has extensive experience in spinal surgery and research. He has performed studies on orthobiologics for spinal fusion and on motion preservation. He is devoted to the evaluation and management of a broad spectrum of adult and pediatric spinal disorders including complex deformities, degenerative, traumatic, infectious, and neoplastic conditions of the spine. He provides expertise in minimally invasive spine surgery, as well as, complex spinal reconstruction for the treatment of degenerative disorders and deformities of the spine.
He is a distinguished speaker giving lectures at national meetings on the evaluation and management of disorders of the spine. He is also involved with the education and training of orthopaedic residents.
Dr. Frendo’s commitment to giving “Back” is evident by his dedication to our community providing lectures to the public educating them on the latest in spinal care, as well as, providing free scoliosis screenings at Community Health Fairs and local schools.
- Lake Erie College
of Osteopathic Medicine
- Surgery Residency:
Extensive Sub-specialty Training in Spinal Surgery:
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- The Houghston Clinic,
Spine Surgery Fellowship:
- Sinai Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- North American Spine Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- The American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedics
- The American Osteopathic Association
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- The Suffolk County Medical Society
- Huntington Hospital, Huntington, New York
- St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center, Smithtown, New York
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, West Islip, New York
- St. Francis Hospital, Roslyn, New York
- Peconic Bay Medical Center, Riverhead, New York