DANIEL E. CHOI, M.D.
Dr. Choi is a fellowship trained spine surgeon with a special focus on minimally invasive spine surgery. He completed the prestigious combined neurosurgical and orthopaedic spine surgery fellowship at Harvard Medical School where he worked closely with many world renowned spine surgeons.
Dr. Choi has extensive experience in the treatment of the entire spectrum of cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine disorders. His special interests include microsurgery, interbody fusions, revision surgery, and robotic spine surgery. He has authored numerous articles and textbook chapters and has presented his research at both national and international spine surgical meetings.
Dr. Choi's guiding philosophy is simple: every patient is treated as if he were treating his own family member, with compassion and respect. His goals are to ensure that his patients understand all aspects of their condition and to explore all possible nonoperative treatments prior to considering surgery. Dr. Choi strongly believes in giving "Back" to the community and is involved in numerous educational ventures to spread spinal health awareness throughout Long Island.
- Northwestern University
Feinberg School of Medicine
- General Surgery/Orthopaedic Surgery Resident
Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey Medical School
Newark, New Jersey
- Combined Neurosurgical and Orthopaedic Spine Surgery Fellowship
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Harvard Medical School
- North American Spine Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- The Suffolk County Medical Society
- Huntington Hospital, Huntington, New York
- St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center, Smithtown, New York
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, West Islip, New York
- St. Francis Hospital, Roslyn, New York
- Peconic Bay Medical Center, Riverhead, New York